The day dawned grey and freezing cold, however our RA managed to strike some sort of deal and somehow by 2pm the sun had come out and the world was a brighter place….sadly it wasn’t any warmer, but well, you can’t expect miracles!
Our sick (in all senses of the word) hare, Shaggy gathered the circle of 20 odd hashers and gave the briefest of all hash briefings before handing over the relay baton of hare-dom to Just Stupid and taking himself off home to bed to nurse his cold.
However, sick as he was, our original first half hare had done us proud. On a quick survey of the group all were wondering why we had stopped one RER stop short of St Germain en Laye, however our hare proved to us that it wasn’t a clerical error and laid a wonderful wintery trail exhibiting the delights of Le Vesi…, le Vesin…, le Vesinet le P…. ah that place where we ran the 847 (I advise you check the RATP map for exact name, hint – check the one before St Germain en Laye….!)
The carefully laid little poofs of flour sent the group of hardy hashers from the meeting point, along the local streets to then lead them round the local park and duck pond and immediately to a Hash View where the group was able to look across the pond and see the original start point and the wonderful RER station (see Next Run info further down this page for a pic of this picturesque(?) location). A hare with a sense of humour is always appreciated, and to add to the excitement, this first part of the run was almost an obstacle course for some runners who decided they’d rather risk having to drink out of their overly clean shoes and minced their way along to avoid stepping in too much goose poo.
The trail then took our runners through the lovely little town of Le Vesi-whats-its-name, winding its way from park to woodland via some lovely residential streets. In one part of the woods our hare had obviously been tripping on a Cold&Flu overdose and he had great fun sending the runners back and forth across stepping stones across the stream. Luckily the first frost had not yet settled so the stepping stones were not too slippy and everyone in the group made it safely through this section of the trail. Although it could be said that certain hashers didn’t undertake the challenge of all 5 crossings and took a bit of a short-cut along the side of the stream… you know who you are!
The run may have been cold but it was beautiful with a real autumnal feel to it – the crunch of leaves underfoot, the plethora of colours – the reds, golds, yellows and browns… this hasher is almost feeling poetic in their recollections.. So to avoid going off on a complete tangent, let’s move swiftly on to the beerstop. Ah yes, the beerstop where thankfully there was beer… and somehow we gained two more hashers. This scribe is confused as to whether these two late comers followed the trail backwards or whether they caught the group up (a possibility as it was our two most often nominated FRB’s The Anarchist and Saving Ryan’s Privates), or whether they just used their hash-senses to sniff out the beer, but somehow we gained them and as usual the Paris Hash cry was raised “Where’s Speedy?”. This time however it appears we did not lose our favourite beermeister on trail, apparently he’d declined to join and decided a snooze in the car was preferred to galavanting around the woods in le V-thingy-ma-jig.
On the run went and our newest and possibly youngest recruit Just Luke decided that his legs were a bit tired and this running through the woods with a bunch of adults shouting OnOn like absolute crazies was a bit of the range of his normal experience, even for a lad from Worksop! Luckily his dad, Just Jim was there to give him a lift and when Just Jim got tired, Nice Bit of Skirt seized the opportunity and attempted an abduction. However Just Luke was saved by the fact that Nice Bit of Skirt is so brainwashed in the ways of the hash that instead of running away with his prize, as a hash lemming he continued to follow the trail and Just Luke mad it safely to the OnIn.
And what an OnIn it was, the Paris Hash being ever respectful of delicate ears and young sponge like brains made an amazing attempt at mumbling, changing and dropping words and verses from songs and from the circle of accusations. These attempts seemed to actually made the OnIn funnier than ever before based on the amount of hashers bent double laughing during the circle. As usual the list of down-downs was long and involved so brace yourselves….
- Our hare, of course, Just Stupid standing in for Shaggy (who was no doubt supping a hot toddy on the sofa knowing he’d have a down-down in absentia)
- Virgins – Just Jim, Just Luke both made to come by WTFAMT (Just Luke having never been told this name due to the F and the T parts!) and Just Vicky and Just Louise both made to come by Delicate Screamer
- Visitors – Not Yet Available from Brussels
- Retournees – Nice Bit of Skirt, Mrs Rodgerinson, WTFAMT, Delicate Screamer, Seven and Oh La La
- Hats in the circle – Nice Bit of Skirt and Seven
- Missing the start – The Anarchist, Saving Ryan’s Privates, Seven and Speedy for being late to the OnIn (snooze over he’d disappeared from his car and it took a while to locate him…)
- Hats in the circle – Seven (will she ever learn?)
- FRB’s – Saving Ryan’s Privates and The Anarchist (surprised?), Cock Sportif, Oh La La,
- Wearing girls tights – Just Jim, Just Stupid, Cock Sportif and The Anarchist (and no “the cold” is not a good excuse)
- Aiding and abducting other hashers – Just Jim and Nice Bit of Skirt and then Just Luke for being aided and abducted (and before anyone calls ChildLine, Just Luke’s down-downs were pespsi I promise and NBoS was actually just trying to help (we think) !!!)
- Use of hands in the circle – Oh La La
- SCB’s – Not Yet Available, Running Commentary, Ball Bearing, Just Valerio (that stream…)
- No Hash Gear – Just Ben and Delicate Screamer
- Not signing up for the Xmas party – Nice Bit of Skirt, Sleeping Sex, Saving Ryans Privates, Just Ben, Running Commentary, Mrs Rodgerinson, Cock Sportif and Oh La La
On On, may the hash go in peace… And we are done.. almost, now just a couple of announcements…..
THE HASH CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!!! Sign up before it’s too late – Saturday 14 December
Saturday 21 December – Hare needed
New Paris Hash T-shirt design competition – get scribbling